Date:	Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:05:07 -0800 (PST)
From:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
To:	mperkel@...oo.com
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, viro@....linux.org.uk
Subject: Re: Kernel list rejecting my email - braindead list

From: Marc Perkel <mperkel@...oo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:54:36 -0800 (PST)

> If anyone should be sorry it should be you for taking
> me off the list in the first place. Why are you
> removing users every time a message bounces? That's
> extremely abnormal.

First, you didn't read my email.  It wasn't "every bounce", it was
every time your site generated a significant number of bounces all at
once without "any sign of it ending any time soon."

I've been doing this for more than 12 years, I know the difference
between a bounce in response to SPAM and a bounce due to a site or
email address being non-functional or busted.

Feel free to keep defending yourself and ignoring what I have to say
and I'll feel free to keep you on the ban list.

When you run your own mailing lists, you can use whatever mailing list
software you want and enforce whatever policies you want.

Al Viro has weighed in on this topic before, perhaps he can give you a
little bit insight on of his opinion on this matter which is shared
by a large number of other linux-kernel users as well.