Date:	Thu, 16 Nov 2006 08:53:12 -0500
From:	Mark Lord <lkml@....ca>
To:	Alberto Alonso <alberto@...ys.net>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: qstor driver -> irq 193: nobody cared

Alberto Alonso wrote:
> Sorry for the long delay, I've been called on too
> many issues at work this week.
>
> Anyway, the patch basically made the drives not usable.

Mmm.. Okay, thanks for helping track this down.

It appears that this got broken when the ATA_TFLAG_POLLING
got introduced into libata, replacing previous checks of ATA_NIEN.
Or maybe even before that.  Not many of us have qstor cards!

Speaking of which, I'll dig my own qstor card out of mothballs soon,
and work out a proper fix for it soon-ish.

In the meanwhile, could you take a clean kernel, and apply the first
attached patch (qstor_spurious_1.patch), and see if it fixes things.

If not, then you can instead apply the second patch (qstor_spurious_kludge.patch)
and your problems should disappear.  But I cannot actually push that rubbish
upstream, so a "proper" fix will have to come later.

Cheers

View attachment "qstor_spurious_1.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (458 bytes)

View attachment "qstor_spurious_kludge.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (935 bytes)