Date:	Sat, 18 Nov 2006 01:18:19 +0530
From:	"Dhaval Giani" <dhaval.giani@...il.com>
To:	"Pallipadi, Venkatesh" <venkatesh.pallipadi@...el.com>
Cc:	davej@...emonkey.org.uk, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: cpufreq userspace governor does not reflect changes

Hey,

On 11/18/06, Pallipadi, Venkatesh <venkatesh.pallipadi@...el.com> wrote:

> /sys/devices/....../cpuX/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
> Gives you the information about last frequency that Linux tried to set
> on this CPU
>
> /sys/devices/....../cpuX/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq
> (When supported) Gives you the information about actual frequency that
> the CPU is running at.
>
> Zero frequency value below is certainly a bug in the driver. What is the
> kernel you are using?

Ooops! sorry missed that one. Its the 2.6.19-rc5-mm2. Its having the
same .config which i posted on the bugzilla. Do you want the acpidump
again?

> On the particular CPU you have here, all cores in a package indeed share
> the frequency. But, it does not really show up in affected_cpus as OS is
> not coordinating the shared-ness of P-state across cores. That means, OS
> programs each core individually based on CPU utilization and hardware
> will pick the highest frequency among the two and run both cores at that
> frequency.

Hold on, so let me get it right. When i do an echo 1596000 >
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed, the cpu cores
will still be running at 1.86 Ghz since the other core is at that
frequency? In this situation how do I then change the frequency?

Thanks
Dhaval