Date:	Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:01:14 +0100
From:	Arjan van de Ven <arjan@...radead.org>
To:	Holger Schurig <hs4233@...l.mn-solutions.de>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, cpufreq@...ts.linux.org.uk
Subject: Re: Bug: Pentium M not always detected by CPUFREQ

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 16:46 +0100, Holger Schurig wrote:
> Hi !
>
> One module thinks that I have a Pentium M, the other doesn't.
> Which module is right?
> # cat /proc/cpuinfo
> processor       : 0
> vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> cpu family      : 6
> model           : 9
> model name      : Intel(R) Celeron(R) processor            600MHz

you don't have a pentium M

> stepping        : 5
> cpu MHz         : 598.093
> cache size      : 64 KB
> fdiv_bug        : no
> hlt_bug         : no
> f00f_bug        : no
> coma_bug        : no
> fpu             : yes
> fpu_exception   : yes
> cpuid level     : 2
> wp              : yes
> flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 apic sep mtrr
> pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 tm pbe
> bogomips        : 1196.88
>

> So far I can only say that speedstep-centrino doesn't have an
> entry for a CPU with a mere 600 MHz. May this be the problem
> ?

as far as I know Celeron processors don't have actual frequency control
capabilities (and no p4-clockmod doesn't count, that doesn't save you
any energy realistically)....

--
if you want to mail me at work (you don't), use arjan (at) linux.intel.com
Test the interaction between Linux and your BIOS via http://www.linuxfirmwarekit.org