Date:	Sun, 03 Dec 2006 14:21:09 +0100
From:	col-pepper@...king.net
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH] - revert generic_fillattr stat->blksize to PAGE_CACHE_SIZE

I am using a 2.6.18.2 based kernel and see lots of broken fs due to this
"diet". eg cloop

I hope some general lessons can be drawn about the necessity and
desirablility of such changes that (predictably) invoke broadband breakage.

This kind of change and the breakage and dependancy issues they create are
what makes linux a nightmare to maintain.

While it seems some improvement and clean up may result from this getting
attention, it appears that the inode structure is back to it's original
size. Which is quite probably the way it should have stayed all along.

Hopefully this has now stablised.

What kernel release contains code where all this calms down and I dont
need to search patches and updates for modules in order to get basics to
work again?

Alternatively can I simply revert the original diet patch on my 2.6.18.2
to maintain working fs modules?

Thanks for your replys.