Date:	Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:59:37 +0100
From:	Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson64@...hem.se>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Three if-clauses of constant logic value; char drivers for kernel
	2.4.33.3

Hi there, all masters of kernel code,

I just discovered that the kernel code for 2.4.33.3 contains three
if-statements that never can change their values, whence they should
be repaired or eliminated. In source directory linux/drivers/char the
files vt.c and keyboard.c produce these warning upon compilation:

    vt.c:166: varning: comparison is always false due to limited range
              of data type
    vt.c:289: varning: comparison is always false due to limited range
              of data type
    keyboard.c:640: varning: comparison is always true due to limited
                    range of data type

I did the compilation with gcc 3.3.5 on Debian Sarge. This behaviour
appeared first for kernel 2.2.19, since I wanted to revive the old
minirtl edition, but to my surprise the same warnings appear also
with the brand new kernel 2.4.33.3.

Best regards
             Mats Erik Andersson, PhD
             ynglingatal@...oo.se