Date:	Sat, 30 Dec 2006 10:26:20 -0800 (PST)
From:	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...l.org>
To:	Russell King <rmk+lkml@....linux.org.uk>
cc:	Miklos Szeredi <miklos@...redi.hu>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	linux-arch@...r.kernel.org, Andrew Morton <akpm@...l.org>
Subject: Re: fuse, get_user_pages, flush_anon_page, aliasing caches and all
 that again

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006, Russell King wrote:

> And here's the flush_anon_page() part.
>
> Add flush_anon_page() for ARM, to avoid data corruption issues when using
> fuse or other subsystems using get_user_pages().

Btw, since this doesn't actually change any code for anybody but ARM, just
adds a parameter that is obviously unused by everybody else, and if it
actually fixes a real bug for ARM, I'll obviously happily take it even
before 2.6.20. So go ahead put it in your ARM tree, and we'll get some
testing through that. And just ask me to pull at some point.

I wonder why nobody else seems to have a "flush_anon_page()"? This would
seem to be a potential issue for architectures like sparc too.. Although
maybe sparc can do a flush by physical index with "flush_dcache_page()".

		Linus