Date:	Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:39:10 -0500
From:	Lawrence MacIntyre <macintyrelp@...l.gov>
To:	Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@...ux01.gwdg.de>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Hung Port

If that was the case, would the port not show up in TIME_WAIT state?
Also, the kernel should only hold a closed socket in TIME_WAIT state for
2 minutes or so.  These hung ports stay around until the machine is
rebooted.

--
  Lawrence MacIntyre   865.574.8696   macintyrelp@...l.gov
                Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM.
Learn more at http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm