Date:	Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:49:43 +0100
From:	Alessandro Di Marco <dmr@....it>
To:	Arjan van de Ven <arjan@...radead.org>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] System Inactivity Monitor v1.0

Arjan van de Ven <arjan@...radead.org> writes:

   On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 20:29 +0100, Alessandro Di Marco wrote:
   > Hi all,
   >
   > this is a new 2.6.20 module implementing a user inactivity trigger. Basically
   > it acts as an event sniffer, issuing an ACPI event when no user activity is
   > detected for more than a certain amount of time. This event can be successively
   > grabbed and managed by an user-level daemon such as acpid, blanking the screen,
   > dimming the lcd-panel light à la mac, etc...

   Hi,

   why did you chose an ACPI event? I'd expect a uevent (which dbus
   captures etc) to be a more logical choice..

Laziness... :) Just an idea realized in a hurry to dim my laptop panel when it
is in idle (I don't use X11, so no xscreensaver et simila.)

Anyway I can accommodate it, if someone of you thinks that it is interesting
enough to be carried on the business.

The patch in attachment fixes some silly bugs of the previous version.

Regards,

View attachment "sin-1.2.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (10525 bytes)

--
Ethics is not definable, is not implementable, because it is not conscious; it
involves not only our thinking, but also our feeling. - Valdemar W. Setzer