Date:	Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:38:08 +0100
From:	Bjørn Mork <bmork@....no>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject:  Re: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit

Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@...radead.org> writes:

> The company I work hold last year an ETSI internal meeting about IMS in
> Brasília. It were a very interesting experience. The meeting were closed
> to ETSI members and some people invited. After the meeting, there were
> two days of an open event.
>
> It should be noticed that about 99.9% of the attendants came from
> Europe, with travelling costs covered by their companies. The Brazilian
> company organized the event and covered some local costs (like
> lunch/dinner/cocktail/event hostage).

Well, FWIW, some years ago we (I was working for the Norwegian
regulatory body at the time) tried to host an ETSI working group
meeting in Longyearbyen ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longyearbyen ).
Despite this actually being in Europe, there were quite a few
complaints. Some of the regular participants had problems with the
additional travelling expenses, but the most common complaint was the
wast of time.  And that was nowhere near an intercontinental flight...

We ended up having the meeting in Oslo, as usual.

Bjørn
--
I mean, it's well known that the oceans are full of dirty fish.