Date:	Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:01:01 +0000 (UTC)
From:	Oleg Verych <olecom@...wer.upol.cz>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject:  [x86-64, CMOS/RTC] Re: 2.6.19.2: bad reads/writes from/to CMOS clock

26-01-2007:
> I am running 2.6.19.2 kernel from kernel.org.

2.6.18 debian, didn't see before, but maybe it was just big uptime ;)

> This is my first SMP kernel.
>
> The problem I describe below has not happend with non-SMP kernels ever...
>
> I have installed my new AMD64 x2 4800 CPU just a few days ago. My mobo is Asus A8N SLI
> (Nvidia chipset).

UP ASUS A4K x86-64 CPU Mobile Athlon 64 3200+

> My problem with this new setup is that my CMOS clock is thrown off by varying
> amounts of time. I have seen system times as long as ten months into future, and as
> long as 25 days in the past. At the moment my system clock has correct
> hh:mm:ss, but it shows the date Jan 1st, instead of correct 25th.

I saw bad CMOS read, but CMOS itself was OK, after checking it with
hwclock or reboot by magic IRQ.

[]
> I would appreciate any ideas on how to follow-up on this problem.
>
> I am eager to try things, collect data as needed. Just tell me what to do.
>
> Thanks in advance.

> Yavuz Onder

I don't know, because it was month or so ago. And i'm usual for bugs
(or curved hands ;).
____