Date:	Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:45:20 -0600
From:	Maynard Johnson <maynardj@...ibm.com>
To:	cbe-oss-dev@...abs.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	linuxppc-dev@...abs.org, oprofile-list@...ts.sourceforge.net
Subject: [RFC, PATCH 0/4] Add support to OProfile for profiling Cell BE SPUs
  -- update

On December 14, 2006, I posted a patch that added support to the
OProfile kernel driver for profiling Cell SPUs.  There have been some
changes/fixes to this patch since the original posting (including
forward porting from 2.6.18-based kernel to 2.6.20-rc1), so I am
reposting the patch for review now.  This patch relies upon the
following patches that have not been accepted yet:
   1. oprofile cleanup patch (submitted on Nov 27)
   2. Fix for PPU profiling (not submitted yet, since it depends on #1)
   3. SPU task notification patch (last submitted on Jan 26)

For those who may want to apply and build the oprofile SPU support
patch, it would be necessary to first apply the above patches.  For
convenience, I will post all three of the above patches, along with the
oprofile SPU support patch.

Comments appreciated.

Thank you.

Maynard Johnson