Date:	Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:18:22 +0900
From:	Paul Mundt <lethal@...ux-sh.org>
To:	Andi Kleen <ak@...e.de>
Cc:	ksummit-2007-discuss@...nk.org, Greg Ungerer <gerg@...pgear.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, alan@...hat.com,
	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
	Sunil Naidu <akula2.shark@...il.com>
Subject: Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 06:11:18AM +0100, Andi Kleen wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 January 2007 04:41, Dave Jones wrote:
> > Right, other than during the CPU architects panel, I don't remember
> > any non x86/ia64/ppc stuff being brought up at all.
>
> No IA64 stuff that I can remember. And there was a presentation on PPC.
>
> But that was planned to be differently with more focus on embedded,
> unfortunately the comittee didn't manage to find more embedded CPU
> people in time.

It might be interesting to have a more condensed CPU panel, something
like the OLS lightning talks. Gather a larger number of vendors, and give
each a small window to bring up the most relevant issues for them in the
future, while also allowing for some feedback and Q&A.

It would be nice to get more input from CPU architects, but only if it's
possible to keep it entirely technical and moving along without anyone
having to hurry their window of time due to someone else overstepping
theirs. If they only have a small window to present their concerns, I
think we'll see a lot of the fluff (as itemized by davej) go away.

As soon as a vendor starts rambling on about value-added IP blocks, we've
already lost..