Date:	Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:37:48 +0100
From:	Eric Lacombe <tuxiko@...e.fr>
To:	linux-kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Cc:	Eric Lacombe <tuxiko@...e.fr>
Subject: Linux 2.6.19.2: Freeze with CIFS mount

Hello,

I report a problem that occurs on a Core2 system (x86_64 used) with a Linux
2.6.19.2, when i use a NAS : Maxtor Shared Storage II 320Go (Linux 2.6.12
inside).

In fact, this NAS can be web-configured to sleep after 30 min. Also, i mount a
partition of this device through this kind of entry inside the fstab :

------------
//192.168.1.60/Archive   /home/tuxico/NAS/Archive   cifs
noauto,users,iocharset=iso8859-1,noperm,nosetuids,noacl,sfu,file_mode=0600,dir_mode=0755,uid=tuxico,gid=users,credentials=/root/.credentials
0 0
------------

Under those circumstances, the Core2 system which is connected to it, freeze
sometimes completely (mouse, keyboard are frozen, no connection possible from
an external system - sshd not respond).

This occurs regularly (within 3-4 days) and it seems that the problem results
from the awakening of the NAS device.

Indeed I have disable the sleep feature of the device (via its web control
panel), then i was unable to trigger the problem for at least 7 days of
uptime of the Core2 system.

I join the .config, the result of lspci, and the CIFS logs that have been
written to /var/log/messages (i don't know if there are relevant or not but
in the doubt...).

Thanks in advance for the help.

Best regards,

	Eric

View attachment "lspci" of type "text/plain" (1880 bytes)

View attachment "dotconfig" of type "text/plain" (42324 bytes)

View attachment "cifslog" of type "text/plain" (13925 bytes)