Date:	Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:42:13 -0500
From:	Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
To:	bjdouma@...all.nl
Cc:	Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Free Linux Driver Development!

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:33:04 +0100, Bauke Jan Douma said:
> Greg KH wrote on 30-01-07 02:29:
> An offer they can't refuse.
>
> > This offer is in affect for all different types of devices, from USB
> > toys to PCI video devices to high-speed networking cards.  If you build
> > it, we can get Linux drivers working for it.
>
> s/affect/effect/

Correct.

> and maybe
>
> s/build/manufacture/ ??

We probably *want* to encourage them to come talk to us when the device is
still a "build" because it's in the design/prototype stage - that way we avoid
having to work around design brain damage and features that could have been
added but weren't because The Other OS wouldn't have used them.

Also, the people we want to talk to *are* the "build" people - it's quite
possble they farm out the mass manufacture to some other company that just
does the actual assembly of boards based on a CAD/CAM model they're given.