Date:	Tue, 6 Feb 2007 19:43:47 +0100
From:	"Remy Bohmer" <l.pinguin@...il.com>
To:	j-almeida@...ticalsoftware.com
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: IRQ Sharing

Hello Jorge,

It is not uncommon that interrupt lines are hardwired to each other on
a standard PC-board.
Therefor it is not always feasible to get rid of interrupt sharing.
Especially on-board USB adapters can easily use up to 5 interrupt
lines on a standard main-board. Also, sharing of interrupt lines (by
hardwiring them) between on-board devices and PCI slots is also common
practice.

The PCI specification explicitly states that PCI devices can share
interrupt lines, and that your drivers must be capable of handling
this.

Why is sharing a problem for you?

If you do not have special realtime requirements, it usually should be
no problem...

Remy