Date:	Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:22:28 +0100
From:	"Patrick Ale" <patrick.ale@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: libsata tests started

Hi,

And now for something completely different.

I started the libsata tests on one of the four machines I'll be doing
these tests on.

At the moment I'm testing on 'lilith', which is my multi-harddisk
server and playground.

At the moment I am hammering /dev/sda5, which is an ext4dev partition
with bonnie++.
sda is attached to my onboard ATA controller, driven by pata_via.

At the same moment I am doing a full resync of my MD RAID1 device with
two stripes.
Both stripes are on seperate 120GB disks, where one disk is attached
to a PCI controller, driven by pata_sil680 and one disk attached to an
onboard Promise ATA controller, driven by pata_pdc2027x.

I confirmed that all devices are driven by the new libsata drivers, it
can't be very much differentr since I disabled the entire "old" IDE
stack. :)

So, let's see how things go, so far so good.

For those who are interested, I attached the output of an lspci -vvv.
The file name has "stage1" included since I'll be adding my PCI cards
one by one to isolate problems to a single bus or card.

I hope my test input helps a bit.

Patrick

View attachment "lilith-stage1-lspci.txt" of type "text/plain" (13749 bytes)