Date:	Thu, 15 Feb 2007 02:13:17 -0800
From:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>
To:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
Cc:	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [patch 19/31] clockevents: i386 drivers

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:02:11 +0100 Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu> wrote:

> Add clockevent drivers for i386: lapic (local) and PIT (global).  Update
> the timer IRQ to call into the PIT driver's event handler and the
> lapic-timer IRQ to call into the lapic clockevent driver.  The
> assignement of timer functionality is delegated to the core framework
> code and replaces the compile and runtime evalution in
> do_timer_interrupt_hook()
>
> Use the clockevents broadcast support and implement the lapic_broadcast
> function for ACPI.
>
> No changes to existing functionality.

This patch breaks the NMI on my crufty old dual-PIII supermicro p6dbe
machine:

Testing NMI watchdog ... CPU#0: NMI appears to be stuck (26->26)!
CPU#1: NMI appears to be stuck (0->0)!

vmm:/home/akpm> cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0       CPU1
  0:         59          0   IO-APIC-edge      timer
  1:          2          0   IO-APIC-edge      i8042
  2:          0          0    XT-PIC-XT        cascade
  6:          3          0   IO-APIC-edge      floppy
  8:          1          0   IO-APIC-edge      rtc
 10:        192         61   IO-APIC-fasteoi   aic7xxx
 11:       1339         31   IO-APIC-fasteoi   eth0
 12:          3          1   IO-APIC-edge      i8042
 15:       3067          7   IO-APIC-edge      ide1
NMI:         26          0
LOC:      58665      58663
ERR:          0
MIS:          0