Date:	Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:29:09 +0100
From:	Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>
To:	Frank Hartmann <soundart@....net>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: PROBLEM: 2.6.19.1 Oops while doing Disk IO + playing sound, 2.6.20 too

On Fri 16-02-07 00:01:32, Frank Hartmann wrote:
> Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz> writes:

> >> fantasio:~/tmp/linux-2.6.20$ fgrep CONFIG_LBD .config
> >> # CONFIG_LBD is not set
> >   OK, thanks. Then I'm slightly confused as the offset 0x2d in struct
> > buffer_head is somewhere in b_assoc_buffers which is never dereferenced.
> > Can you run gdb on vmlinux from the 2.6.20 kernel and send me the output
> > of 'disass walk_page_buffers'? Thanks.
>

> I seem to missunderstand you.
> I am running now 2.6.19., so do not wonder.
  In your mail from February 11, you sent an oops from 2.6.20 kernel.
That's why I was interested in the 2.6.20 kernel's vmlinux. But 2.6.19.2
would be interesting too.

> Could you help out, what I do wrong?
>
> fantasio:/home/frank/tmp/linux-2.6.19.2#   gdb vmlinux
> GNU gdb 6.4.90-debian
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...(no debugging symbols found)
> Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".
>
> (gdb) disass walk_page_buffers
> No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.
  Sorry, I forgot you have to have the kernel compiled with the
CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO option (in the kernel hacking section) for the above to work.
It is enough to get the vmlinux file from such compilation. You don't have
to actually run the kernel...

								Honza

--
Jan Kara <jack@...e.cz>