Date:	Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:25:14 +0100 (CET)
From:	Igmar Palsenberg <i.palsenberg@...-ict.nl>
To:	erich <erich@...ca.com.tw>
cc:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...l.org>,
	linux kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>, npiggin@...e.de
Subject: Re: 2.6.16.32 stuck in generic_file_aio_write()

Hi,

> I can not make sure it is hardware problem, but I have interest in this
> case's reproducing.
> If you tell me your platform's construction, I will try it and give you good
> solution.
> Does your RAID adapter's firmware version work on 1.42?
> Areca firmware had fix some hardware bugs and rare sg length handle in this
> version.

I've hacked up the sysrq code so that it gives me another command : j ,
which dumps the current IRQ status on the console :

SysRq : Show IRQ status
Showing info for IRQ 14
status         :
depth          : 0
wake_depth     : 0
irq_count      : 38717
irqs_unhandled : 0

Showing info for IRQ 15
status         : DISABLED
depth          : 1
wake_depth     : 0
irq_count      : 22
irqs_unhandled : 0

which is a the (incomplete) result on my machine after loading a module
that does disable_irq(15) on module load.

I've put the patch at http://www.jdi-ict.nl/areca/sysrq-j.patch
I'll do a follow-up when anything usefull comes out.

Regards,

	Igmar