Date:	Thu, 1 Mar 2007 17:43:50 +0300
From:	Evgeniy Polyakov <johnpol@....mipt.ru>
To:	Eric Dumazet <dada1@...mosbay.com>
Cc:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>, Pavel Machek <pavel@....cz>,
	Theodore Tso <tytso@....edu>,
	Ulrich Drepper <drepper@...hat.com>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Arjan van de Ven <arjan@...radead.org>,
	Christoph Hellwig <hch@...radead.org>,
	Andrew Morton <akpm@....com.au>,
	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>,
	Zach Brown <zach.brown@...cle.com>,
	Suparna Bhattacharya <suparna@...ibm.com>,
	Davide Libenzi <davidel@...ilserver.org>,
	Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@...cle.com>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>
Subject: Re: [patch 00/13] Syslets, "Threadlets", generic AIO support, v3

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 02:12:50PM +0100, Eric Dumazet (dada1@...mosbay.com) wrote:
> On Thursday 01 March 2007 12:47, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> >
> > Could you provide at least remote way to find it?
> >

> Sure :)
>
> > I only found the same problem at
> > http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/10/27/3
> >
> > but without any hits to solve the problem.
> >
> > I will try CVS oprofile, if it works I will provide details of course.
> >

> # cat CVS/Root
> CVS/Root::pserver:anonymous@...ofile.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/oprofile
>
> # cvs diff >/tmp/oprofile.diff
>
> Hope it helps

One of the hunks failed, since it was in CVS already.
After setting up some mirrors, I've installed all bits needed for
oprofile.
Attached kevent and epoll profiles.

In that tests I got epoll perf about 4400 req/s, kevent was about 5300.

epoll does not contain gettimeofday() call.

--
	Evgeniy Polyakov

View attachment "profile.epoll" of type "text/plain" (14192 bytes)

View attachment "profile.kevent" of type "text/plain" (12582 bytes)