Date:	Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:53:56 -0500 (EST)
From:	Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@...idpixels.com>
To:	Arjan van de Ven <arjan@...ux.intel.com>
cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, r.marek@...embler.cz
Subject: Intel chooses not to support its HECI/QPS Chip in Linux?

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Justin Piszcz wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Feb 2007, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 10:57 -0500, Justin Piszcz wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Anyone from Intel that reads LKML, could you provide an update as to what
>>> is happening with support for your HECI Controller/QPS chip, which is used
>>> on 965 (and possibly other?) chipsets.
>>
>> I asked the right folks and the word I got was "Soon". The code we have
>> needs some major cleanups before it's suitable for lkml posting... but
>> it'll be there soon. We're working on the cleanups full time.... We'll
>> send an update when we're further along
>>

> Very good news, thanks for the update!
>
> Justin.

It has been > 1 month since this last e-mail, I was wondering if anyone in
the community [or Intel] could provide an update?  I spoke with one of the
lmsensors the other day and he stated that there may be a plan to
incorporate the CPU temperature soon, depending on what Intel does/what
they provide.

Are we any closer to getting full HECI support in the kernel today than
last month?

Justin.