Date:	Thu, 08 Mar 2007 11:00:05 -0500
From:	Chuck Ebbert <cebbert@...hat.com>
To:	johan henriksson <jhn98032@...il.com>
CC:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@...nel.crashing.org>,
	"Antonino A. Daplas" <adaplas@...il.com>
Subject: Re: Radeon xpress 200m and radeonfb kinda work

johan henriksson wrote:
> As you can see in the patch I have disabled "Dynamic Clock PM"
> since it makes my card freak out (Don't know why :(  ).
> Is there a reason why the "default_dynclk" parameter only is available
> when radeonfb is built as a module or should it be added to radeonfb_setup?

I don't have a clue how that works; I just merged your patch
into a Fedora test kernel and it worked. (And it looks a lot
nicer than vesafb.)

Our X driver guru says the patch is OK and Xpress 200M is
the same as normal Radeon for 2D so framebuffer should be OK.

So we can add this to the patch:

Tested-by: Chuck Ebbert <cebbert@...hat.com>

Please repost it as a reply-to-all and add a decent description
and a signed-off-by per this document:

http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/tpp.txt

View attachment "linux-2.6-20_radeon_fb_200M.patch" of type "text/plain" (3523 bytes)