Date:	Sun, 11 Mar 2007 10:50:25 +0300
From:	Cyrill Gorcunov <gorcunov@...il.com>
To:	Bodo Eggert <7eggert@....de>
Cc:	Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@...ux01.gwdg.de>,
	linux-kernel-list <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Sam Ravnborg <sam@...nborg.org>
Subject: Re: PROBLEM: "Make nenuconfig" does not save parameters.

[Bodo Eggert - Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 06:21:59AM +0100]
| Sam Ravnborg <sam@...nborg.org> wrote:

| >> ^_^ The patch has already been posted, has not it?
| > No.
| > Either we keep current behaviour
|
| , which is misleading,
|
| > or we change to the "normal"
| > behaviour with a "Save as..." as know from all other programs.
|
| , which is not desirable, as long as there is no "open" and "save" option
| also working as "normal".
|
| IMO the option should have the "Save a copy" semantics, since that's what the
| name suggests.

Please decribe me how should it work at all. I mean should we work with
a single _active_ file and then "Save a copy" just put a config snapshot
to some file but that will not affect an original file? Should we work
with any config file as text editors do? Just write your point of view
in details and give kernel community time to review...

| --
| Top 100 things you don't want the sysadmin to say:
| 51. YEEEHA!!!  What a CRASH!!!
|
| Fri?, Spammer: WCD1@...gert.dyndns.org c0DSB5Uh7w@...gert.dyndns.org

		Cyrill