Date:	Sun, 25 Mar 2007 14:22:07 +0200
From:	Adrian Bunk <bunk@...sta.de>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	torvalds@...ux-foundation.org, akpm@...ux-foundation.org,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, jareguero@...efonica.net,
	oliver.pntr@...il.com, g3vbv@...eyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: [1/5] 2.6.21-rc4: known regressions (v2)

On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 09:45:09PM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Adrian Bunk <bunk@...sta.de>
> Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 19:48:17 +0100
>
> > Subject    : problem with sockets
> > Submitter  : Jose Alberto Reguero <jareguero@...efonica.net>
> > Status     : unknown
>
> Not enough information in his report, for example for the
> case he says does not work he fails to indicate what kernel
> or system type the Client runs on.
>
> Furthermore, his scripts don't even execute properly when
> I try to run them myself, for example server.py gives me
> this syntax error when python tries to parse the script:
>
> davem@...set:~/src/GIT/net-2.6$ /usr/bin/python server.py
>   File "server.py", line 9
>     struct sockaddr_in ServerAddr;
>                      ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> Can someone help de-crapify this bug report?

He described one Python and one C example, and attached 2+2 programs.

The mailing list archive I quoted only contains the C files and doesn't
display the Python files with the error message
"unhandled content-type:application/x-python" - but that's not the fault
of the submitter, the bug report itself is OK.

I've attached all 4 files to this email.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

View attachment "client.py" of type "text/x-python" (212 bytes)

View attachment "server.py" of type "text/x-python" (555 bytes)

View attachment "client.c" of type "text/x-csrc" (499 bytes)

View attachment "server.c" of type "text/x-csrc" (1003 bytes)