Date:	Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:59:32 +0200
From:	Bongani Hlope <bhlope@...b.co.za>
To:	Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@...ux01.gwdg.de>
Cc:	Conke Hu <conke.hu@...il.com>,
Subject: Re: Use C++ in kernel module?

On Friday 30 March 2007 05:49:14 Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> On Mar 30 2007 11:37, Conke Hu wrote:
> > Is it possible to use C++ in linux kernel module? how?
> > I've tested but failed, there is an unknown symbol in the .o file from
> > c++ source code.
>
> You answered it yourself. Linux does not have a C++ runtime.
> It is possible to use a very limited set of C++ features, usually not
> worth the fight.
>

> Jan

Do the "C++ kernel modules" crowd actually know C++? If they knew how C++ was
designed, they would know that it requires some runtime support, which will
stop them from asking this question over and over again. I'm begining to
think that most of these questions are asked by people who think OO
programing should used in the kernel (which is already done anyway)

--

A log may float in a river, but that does not make it a crocodile.