Date:	Sun, 1 Apr 2007 16:55:58 +0300
From:	Tal Kelrich <tal@...icgenome.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: [2.4] Watchdog wdt977 (Winbond W83977EF) driver

Hello,

This is my first submitted kernel patch, please be gentle.

Tested and working on AAEON GENE-6310B Subcompact Board
(also configured for same by default, should work elsewhere)
patch is against kernel 2.4.34.2

Changes/Features:

Added ioctl support
Disables watchdog on driver load
Supports timeout in seconds
Timeout defaults to 2 minutes
No longer under NetWinder arch
Configurable output GP (defaults to GP16)
Configurable base IO address
Non standard read only proc interface for status (/proc/watchdog)

Caveats:

No idea if this breaks netwinder, although it really shouldn't
Only tested with GP16
Utterly ignores inability to get its IO port, mostly because it's
already taken. I didn't know a way around that.
release_region is called regardless of having acquired the region, this
might be trouble.

--
Tal Kelrich
PGP fingerprint: 3EDF FCC5 60BB 4729 AB2F  CAE6 FEC1 9AAC 12B9 AA69

View attachment "linux-2.4.34.2-wdt977.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (11244 bytes)