Date:	Fri, 6 Apr 2007 11:03:33 +1000
From:	Con Kolivas <kernel@...ivas.org>
To:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
Cc:	Mike Galbraith <efault@....de>,
	linux list <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	ck list <ck@....kolivas.org>
Subject: Ten percent test

On Thursday 05 April 2007 21:54, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>  - fiftyp.c:  noticeable, but alot better than previously!

fiftyp.c seems to have been stumbled across by accident as having an effect
when Xenofon was trying to recreate Mike's 50% x 3 test case. I suggest a ten
percent version like the following would be more useful as a test for the
harmful effect discovered in fiftyp.c. (/me throws in obligatory code style
change).

Starts 15 processes that sleep ten times longer than they run. Change forks to
15 times the number of cpus you have and it should work on any size hardware.

--
-ck

View attachment "tenp.c" of type "text/x-csrc" (3785 bytes)