Date:	Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:45:14 +0200
From:	Jiri Slaby <jirislaby@...il.com>
To:	"Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@...k.pl>
	linux-pm@...ts.osdl.org, pavel@...e.cz
Subject: Re: 2.6.21-rc5: swsusp: Not enough free memory

Rafael J. Wysocki napsal(a):
> On Wednesday, 11 April 2007 09:36, Jiri Slaby wrote:
>> Rafael J. Wysocki napsal(a):
>>> I guess you mean you're still seeing the 'not enough memory to suspend'
>>> problem?
>> Yes:
>> Disabling non-boot CPUs ...
>> kvm: disabling virtualization on CPU1
>> Breaking affinity for irq 9
>> CPU 1 is now offline
>> SMP alternatives: switching to UP code
>> CPU1 is down
>> swsusp: critical section:
>> swsusp: Need to copy 158309 pages
>> swsusp: Not enough free memory
>> Error -12 suspending
>> Enabling non-boot CPUs ...
>> SMP alternatives: switching to SMP code
>> Booting processor 1/2 APIC 0x1
>> Initializing CPU#1
>
> How reproducible is it?  I'm going to try to reproduce it on one of my boxes.

My tip is one of three cases: after some work on fresh boot -- some
consumers such as thunderbird, firefox, 10 or so terminals with
gnome-session. Single xterm + gnome-session semms not to be a problem.

regards,
--
http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xslaby/            Jiri Slaby
faculty of informatics, masaryk university, brno, cz