Date:	Wed, 11 Apr 2007 08:08:17 -0700
From:	"Juerg Haefliger" <juergh@...il.com>
To:	"Hans de Goede" <j.w.r.degoede@....nl>
Cc:	"Rudolf Marek" <r.marek@...embler.cz>,
	"Mark M. Hoffman" <mhoffman@...htlink.com>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	"LM Sensors" <lm-sensors@...sensors.org>
Subject: Re: [lm-sensors] Hardware monitoring subsystem maintainer position is open

Hi all,

As pointed out by different people already, this is mainly a process
issue. If we can get enough people together who are willing to
contribute we can make this work. Obviously Jean did a great job (big
thanks!) but I can't blame him for throwing the towel. I was always
amazed at how much time and effort he put into this. This can't be
handled by a single person.

I believe we need to come up with a process (and I like what Hans
suggests) and then need to identify individuals for the different jobs
(reviewers, submitters, ...).

I also think we need to make more use of trac to assign tasks to
people and to provide progress information/reports so that driver
submitters know what's going on and in what stage of the pipeline
their driver currently is.

...juerg (volunteering as a reviewer)