Date:	Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:55:26 -0400
From:	Bill Davidsen <davidsen@....com>
To:	Linux Kernel M/L <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: [RFC] another scheduler beater

The small attached script does a nice job of showing animation glitches
in the glxgears animation. I have run one set of tests, and will have
several more tomorrow. I'm off to a poker game, and would like to let
people draw their own conclusions.

Based on just this script as load I would say renice on X isn't a good
thing. Based on one small test, I would say that renice of X in
conjunction with heavy disk i/o and a single fast scrolling xterm (think
kernel compile) seems to slow the raid6 thread measurably. Results late
tomorrow, it will be an early and long day :-(

Download attachment "glitch1.sh" of type "application/x-sh" (378 bytes)