Date:	Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:13:01 +0200
From:	Syren Baran <sbaran@....de>
To:	Andi Kleen <andi@...stfloor.org>
Cc:	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Probable PCIE prob

Am Sonntag, den 29.04.2007, 13:54 +0200 schrieb Andi Kleen:
> Syren Baran <sbaran@....de> writes:
>
> > i got a problem with the combination of an Asrock AM2NF4G-SATA2
> > mainboard with a Radeon X1900 (chip 1002,724b) graphics
> > card. /i386/pci/mmconfig.c reports a buggy bios (e0000000 is not
> > E820-reserved).
>
> This message is harmless and likely unrelated.
Maybe, but thats the only clue i can get from the kernel.

>  System crashes only happen when viewing films (neither
> > xine nor mplayer run with root privileges) and independent of video
> > drivers (framebuffer, vesa and fglrx). Logs dont show any anomalies
> > before crashing. Anybody got a clue?
>
> Sounds like some sort of hardware problem. Maybe the power supply
> is not up to the task?
Definatly not, already replaced that with a 550W power supply.
>  Or the board could be broken.
Most likely not. I recently actually installed Windows XP to check.
Granted, just watching one film may not have been long enough to trigger
this effect (the crashes usually take place after 1/2 an hour, though
times can vary largely).
>  Also always
> worth updating the BIOS.
Did that long before posting. Changing the PCIE frequency in the BIOS
didnt help either.

> -Andi

Syren