Date:	Tue, 08 May 2007 17:21:01 -0700
From:	Minchen Zhao <mzhao@...otech-inc.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: increase Linux kernel address space 3.5 G memory on Redhat Enterprise
 version 4

Hi:
I am running Redhat Linux Enterprise version 4 update 4 on a dual-core
4G memory machine.
There are many references on the web talking about increasing default
user address space
to 3.5 G however lacking specific instrcutions. My questions:
1. What is the specific steps to be done for the kernel to support 3.5 G
address space?
2. Do I need to re-compile kernel to make this happen? If so, any
specific instruction?

thanks in advance.

P.S. Please cc to me (mzhao@...otech-inc.com) to reply.