Date:	Wed, 09 May 2007 16:13:29 -0400
From:	Valdis.Kletnieks@...edu
To:	Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@...p.org>
Cc:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 2.6.21-mm2 - 100% CPU on ksoftirqd/1

On Wed, 09 May 2007 11:12:39 PDT, Jeremy Fitzhardinge said:
> It always seems to happen on the last CPU; when I run the kernel as Xen
> guest with 4 vcpus, it happens on events/3.

Probably something different - at least once, I've caught it on /0 with
2 real cores online (T7200).  Looking at kernel/softirq.c, the ksoftirqd()
function is basically 2 nested while() loops.  Looks like  either local_softirq_pending()
gets stuck true, but no obvious reason why, or something odd is getting
set in the current-> structure so when we call schedule(), we end up returning
rather than hitting the idle loop.

Off to go see how much mm-bisect I can do before dinnertime - the rest will be
later tonight...