Date:	Sat, 12 May 2007 10:33:00 +0900
From:	Paul Mundt <lethal@...ux-sh.org>
To:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>
Cc:	clameter@....com, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [patch 1/2] From: Paul Mundt <lethal@...ux-sh.org>

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 11:39:15AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> On Fri, 11 May 2007 09:57:50 -0700
> clameter@....com wrote:
>
> > > I'll take a look at tidying up the PMB slab, getting rid of the dtor
> > > shouldn't be terribly painful. I simply opted to do the list management
> > > there since others were doing it for the PGD slab cache at the time that
> > > was written.
> >
> > And here's the bit for dropping pmb_cache_dtor(), moving the list
> > management up to pmb_alloc() and pmb_free().
> >
> > With this applied, we're all set for killing off slab destructors
> > from the kernel entirely.
>
> hm, this is already in Paul's git tree.
>
> If we're going to slam all this into 2.6.22 then I can just tempdrop Paul's
> tree.
>
> However I think we've done enough slab work for 2.6.22 now so I'm inclined
> to queue these changes for 2.6.23.  That would mean that the slab changes in
> -mm have a dependency on the sh git tree which I am sure to forget about.
> If I end up merging these changes before Paul merges his tree, sh will
> break.  Presumably Paul will notice this ;)

I can prune it from my tree if you'd rather just bundle these together, I
wasn't sure what the timeline for these changes were, so I opted just to
toss the PMB rework in my git tree ahead of time.

On the other hand, if Christoph's changes are going to be queued for
2.6.23, the PMB changes will trickle in well before then anyways.