Date:	Mon, 14 May 2007 21:22:40 +0800
From:	Ian Kent <raven@...maw.net>
To:	Christoph Hellwig <hch@...radead.org>
Cc:	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>, haveblue@...ibm.com,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Trond Myklebust <Trond.Myklebust@...app.com>
Subject: Read-only bind mount patches

Hi Christoph,

I'm trying to find information about "read-only bind mount" patches
posted to LKML last year by Dave Hansen. As far as I can tell there were
a number of postings and several patches in the set were included in
2.6.19 as preparation for more of the patch set.

I've sent mail to Dave but he must be to busy, on leave or not keen on
getting these patches included any more as I've not had a response.

It looks like you had some interest in the patches so I was wondering if
you know who, if anyone, is working on them or where I could locate a
coherent, most up to date set of the remaining patches?

The reason I'm chasing this is that recent changes to the NFS client
cause all mount flags to be ignored on all but the first mount which is
causing a fair bit of unrest for some users. Trond seemed sure that the
VFS read-only bind mount updates would resolve this.

Any help, information or input would be much appreciated.

Ian