lists.openwall.net   lists  /  announce  owl-users  owl-dev  john-users  john-dev  passwdqc-users  yescrypt  popa3d-users  /  oss-security  kernel-hardening  musl  sabotage  tlsify  passwords  /  crypt-dev  xvendor  /  Bugtraq  Full-Disclosure  linux-kernel  linux-netdev  linux-ext4  PHC 
Open Source and information security mailing list archives
 
Hash Suite for Android: free password hash cracker in your pocket
[<prev] [next>] [<thread-prev] [thread-next>] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date:	Sat, 19 May 2007 15:27:27 +0200
From:	Sam Ravnborg <sam@...nborg.org>
To:	Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar@...l.ru>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: 2.6.22-rc2: section mismatch

On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 02:43:21PM +0400, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
>   MODPOST vmlinux
> WARNING: init/built-in.o - Section mismatch: reference to .init.text: 
> from .text between 'rest_init' (at offset 0x11b) and 'try_name'
Fixed in kbuild.fix.git.

> WARNING: arch/i386/kernel/built-in.o - Section mismatch: reference 
> to .init.text:amd_init_mtrr from .text between 'mtrr_bp_init' (at offset 
> 0x967a) and 'mtrr_attrib_to_str'
> WARNING: arch/i386/kernel/built-in.o - Section mismatch: reference 
> to .init.text:cyrix_init_mtrr from .text between 'mtrr_bp_init' (at offset 
> 0x967f) and 'mtrr_attrib_to_str'
> WARNING: arch/i386/kernel/built-in.o - Section mismatch: reference 
> to .init.text:centaur_init_mtrr from .text between 'mtrr_bp_init' (at offset 
> 0x9684) and 'mtrr_attrib_to_str'

mtrr_bp_init() should be declared __init

> WARNING: arch/i386/kernel/built-in.o - Section mismatch: reference 
> to .init.text: from .text between 'get_mtrr_state' (at offset 0xa735) 
> and 'generic_get_mtrr'
> WARNING: arch/i386/kernel/built-in.o - Section mismatch: reference 
> to .init.text: from .text between 'get_mtrr_state' (at offset 0xa749) 
> and 'generic_get_mtrr'
> WARNING: arch/i386/kernel/built-in.o - Section mismatch: reference 
> to .init.text: from .text between 'get_mtrr_state' (at offset 0xa770) 
> and 'generic_get_mtrr'

get_mtrr_state should be declared __init

> WARNING: mm/built-in.o - Section mismatch: reference to .init.text: from .text 
> between 'kmem_cache_create' (at offset 0x1bffd) and 'cache_reap'
> WARNING: mm/built-in.o - Section mismatch: reference to .init.text: from .text 
> between 'kmem_cache_create' (at offset 0x1c232) and 'cache_reap'

Fixed in kbuild-git.git

	Sam

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@...r.kernel.org
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/

Powered by blists - more mailing lists