Date:	Sun, 20 May 2007 08:59:25 +0200
From:	Michael Gerdau <mgd@...hnosis.de>
To:	"Ray Lee" <ray-lk@...rabbit.org>
Cc:	"Bill Davidsen" <davidsen@....com>,
	"Linux Kernel M/L" <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Sched - graphic smoothness under load - cfs-v13 sd-0.48

> > I don't want to say the values aren't useful. I simply think there is
> > a high noiselevel.
>
> The noise is reflected in the standard deviation he has on those rows.
> The average +- stdev  of one overlaps the average +- stdev of the
> other,

For the fairness test on cfs13 this simply is wrong. And for the
test to be stable would require that avg of one is within avg+-stddev
of the other (simple overlap does not suffice).

Best,
Michael
--
 Technosis GmbH, Geschäftsführer: Michael Gerdau, Tobias Dittmar
 Sitz Hamburg; HRB 89145 Amtsgericht Hamburg