Date:	Thu, 24 May 2007 06:55:25 +0100
From:	Chris Malton <chrism@...oftuk.dyndns.org>
To:	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: NCPFS 255 character support?

Alan,

If NCPFS has little use these days, how are the linux users meant to
sign on to Novell networks without using the (IMHO) bloatware provided
by Novell?

In fact, Novell's client only work on SLED first time lucky (everything
else needs extra libs and a lot of work) so it's hardly much use.  I'll
have a go with the ls, and strace ls and the dodgy file and see what
happens.

If there's a pointer to ncpfs, I might take a brief look and see what
happens.

Thanks,
Chris

Alan Cox wrote:
> I did see it but couldn't match it against any other reported kernel
> problems (mind you I don't think ncpfs has much use nowdays). Only thing
> I could think to suggest is trying "LANG=C ls" instead, which if it works
> means its a userspace issue (or Unicode mapping one). An strace of an ls
> going wrong might also give clues.
>
> Alan

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/x-pkcs7-signature" (2146 bytes)