Date:	Thu, 24 May 2007 19:03:16 +0200
From:	Tilman Schmidt <tilman@...p.cc>
To:	"Lars K.W. Gohlke" <lkwg82@....de>
CC:	Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@...ux01.gwdg.de>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: How to access correctly serial port inside module?

Am 24.05.2007 12:22 schrieb Lars K.W. Gohlke:
> I will summarize the concrete scenario, which will lead to the
> understanding and further solution of deadling with serial driver.
>
> [scenario]
>
> 	1. in userspace I'm doing: > date > /dev/ttyS0
> 	2. in kernelspace I want to print out this date.
>
> [/scenario]

I must admit that now I do not understand anything anymore.
I thought you wanted to receive some data over an RS232 serial
port and process it in your kernel module, but this doesn't
look like that at all.

So what is it you are trying to do?
Do you just want to write something to a file in userspace and
receive it in your kernel module?
Does that userspace file have to be called /dev/ttyS0?
(If so, why?)
Or do you want an actual serial port hardware to be involved?
(If so, how?)

Regards,
Tilman

--
Tilman Schmidt                          E-Mail: tilman@...p.cc
Bonn, Germany

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (254 bytes)