Date:	Mon, 4 Jun 2007 09:42:07 -0600
From:	Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas@...com>
To:	"Antonio Mignolli" <antoniomignolli@...il.com>
Cc:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: lid switch hangs notebook

On Monday 04 June 2007 04:57:21 am Antonio Mignolli wrote:
> The problem reported below has not been solved,
> I tried with the last stable kernel 2.6.21.3.
>
> But it seems not to be an ACPI issue,
> I removed ACPI support from the kernel,
> and still have the problem.
> What else could be?

The lid switch event is probably reported via ACPI.  But the
fact that you see your "LID switch" message from /etc/acpi/acpi_handler.sh
means the switch event is getting through.

What else does the acpi_handler.sh script do?  Can you add more
log messages in it and any related scripts?

If all else fails, you could try git-bisect to isolate a changeset
that broke it.  That's tedious but usually effective.

Bjorn