Date:	Sun, 10 Jun 2007 17:21:53 +0300
From:	Tarkan Erimer <tarkan@...one.net.tr>
To:	debian developer <debiandev@...il.com>
CC:	"david@...g.hm" <david@...g.hm>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>, mingo@...e.hu,
	greg@...ah.com
Subject: Re: Dual-Licensing Linux Kernel with GPL V2 and GPL V3

debian developer wrote:

>> owner can
>> orders at

>> > Hmm... Really,it is damn too much time to wait! It's really better
>> idea to
>> > replace the code of this person as said before instead of waiting
>> such  90+
>> > years!
>>
>> exactly, however as others are pointing out, there are a lot of active
>> developers who do not agree with some of the key points of the GPLv3
>> (including Linus), so until you convince them that the GPLv3 is
>> better it
>
> Last heard, Linus was quite impressed with the toned down version of
> the final draft of GPLv3. I think Linus, and other major developers
> should make their stand on this issue clear so that the kernel
> community can discuss the future steps.
Yep, the GPLv3 probably will release around July time. So;luckily, we
had very little time to see the final decision about it :-) I hope we
should upgrade to GPLv3 and Sun should "Dual License" the OpenSolaris
via GPLv3 (or at least,GPLv3 should be CDDL compatible.). So,we should
have more fruits (like ZFS,DTrace etc.) ;-)