Date:	Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:13:38 +0200
From:	Carlo Wood <carlo@...noe.com>
To:	Dave Jones <davej@...hat.com>, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	eric@...olt.net, zhenyu.z.wang@...el.com
Subject: Re: [AGPGART] intel_agp: use table for device probe

On Sun, Jun 17, 2007 at 04:49:04PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> That's pretty bad corruption indeed.  What I'm puzzling over though
> is why other 965G users aren't seeing the same thing.
> My own 965G seems to be fine, though that's using Intel graphics
> instead of nvidia.
>
> (Just to rule it out, I'm assuming at this stage in boot that the
>  nvidia driver module has never been loaded?)

Doesn't even exist for that kernel. I only compiled a new
nvidia driver module for one kernel - the one that I am using
on a daily basis.

> And if you never load the agpgart modules, you never see lockups?

What would the name be of such module?

In fact, I think that when the kernel does NOT lockup, it
doesn't print this "agpgart: Detected.." line either.

Ie, the dmesg of cf68676222e54cd0a31efd968da00e65f9a0963f
which boots fine, gives:

$ grep Detected dmesg-cf686
time.c: Detected 2666.669 MHz processor.
Detected 16.666 MHz APIC timer.

$ grep agpgart dmesg-cf686
Linux agpgart interface v0.102 (c) Dave Jones

Does that give an indication of what you want me to test/try?

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@...noe.com>