Date:	Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:17:55 -0500
From:	Anthony Liguori <anthony@...emonkey.ws>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	linux-arm-kernel@...ts.arm.linux.org.uk
Subject:  Re: QEMU's scsi controller no longer works on arm.

Rob Landley wrote:
> In 2.6.20, I can boot an arm kernel up to a shell prompt including a virtual
> scsi hard drive.  In 2.6.21-rc1, this stopped working.

It's broken with x86 too.  I looked into it for a bit and it appears
that the Linux driver is using more LSI commands than it was before.
The odd thing is that it's probing some space that is marked reserved in
the LSI manual.  Unfortunately, I couldn't understand the SCSI system
well enough to understand what changed in Linux.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori