Date:	Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:09:28 -0400
From:	lsorense@...lub.uwaterloo.ca (Lennart Sorensen)
To:	Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@...il.com>
Cc:	Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@...hat.com>,
	Greg KH <greg@...ah.com>,
	debian developer <debiandev@...il.com>,
	"david@...g.hm" <david@...g.hm>,
	Tarkan Erimer <tarkan@...one.net.tr>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org,
	Andrew Morton <akpm@...ux-foundation.org>, mingo@...e.hu,
	Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb@...skialf.net>,
	Sigmund Augdal <sigmund@...p.tv>
Subject: Re: Dual-Licensing Linux Kernel with GPL V2 and GPL V3

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 10:56:33AM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
> Providing the changes back itself is a great thing altogether.

It also makes sense.  If the changes are accepted back, the community at
large will keep the changes maintained.  Less work for me to do when
going to newer code versions later.  And even better, it may help
someone else out too.

A company is likely to like the reduced maintenance burden part, but I
think the other part is even better.  After all we saved time not having
to write everything our selves, so helping others save time seems only
fair.  The GPL may only require giving the sources to the people who
buys the product, but there isn't really any benefit to us in doing only
that.

--
Len Sorensen