Date:	Thu, 21 Jun 2007 23:15:35 +0400
From:	Alexey Starikovskiy <aystarik@...il.com>
To:	Rudolf Marek <r.marek@...embler.cz>
CC:	Luca Tettamanti <kronos.it@...il.com>, lm-sensors@...sensors.org,
	linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org, linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [lm-sensors] [RFC] ACPI based hwmon driver for ASUS

Hi,

I think you might be interested in following patch, which implements _ACPI_ driver for the same hardware...
It is only "proof of concept" at the moment, but it does main thing -- reads hwmon device using ACPI interfaces.

Regards,
Alex.

Rudolf Marek wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Of course it is not there because I removed it myself :/ The "sensors"
> command will just produce "general parse error" this is because of the
> unknown device class (imho). So I removed that and forgot. Well now I
> have the sysfs files:
>
> /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon2/device/:
> bus         fan0_min    fan2_input  fan3_label    in0_input  in1_label
> in2_max    in3_min    temp0_crit   temp1_input
> driver      fan1_input  fan2_label  fan3_max      in0_label  in1_max
> in2_min    name       temp0_input  temp1_label
> fan0_input  fan1_label  fan2_max    fan3_min      in0_max    in1_min
> in3_input  path       temp0_label  temp1_max
> fan0_label  fan1_max    fan2_min    hid           in0_min    in2_input
> in3_label  power      temp0_max    uevent
> fan0_max    fan1_min    fan3_input  hwmon:hwmon2  in1_input  in2_label
> in3_max    subsystem  temp1_crit
>

> Please note that in kernelsrc/Documentation/hwmon/sysfs-interface
> is defined the interface. We have fans starting from 1 and not 0
> Also temperatures are in milidegrees. So your 3200 should be 32000.
> Temps file starts also from 1 and not 0. (so no temp0...)
>
> Please can you fix this issues? I will do the review later once this
> things are fixed. Values seems to match.
>
> Thanks,
> Rudolf
> -
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-acpi" in

View attachment "asoc.patch" of type "text/x-patch" (5163 bytes)