Date:	Thu, 5 Jul 2007 22:30:24 +0200
From:	Chr <chunkeey@....de>
To:	Thorsten Leemhuis <thl@...heise.de>
Cc:	Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora@...mhuis.info>,
	Chuck Ebbert <cebbert@...hat.com>,
	Jeff Garzik <jeff@...zik.org>,
	IDE/ATA development list <linux-ide@...r.kernel.org>,
	Jason Gaston <jason.d.gaston@...el.com>,
	Alan Cox <alan@...rguk.ukuu.org.uk>,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, chunkeey@....de
Subject: Re: [patch 2.6.22-rc6] ATA: add a PCI ID for Intel Santa Rosa PATA controller

On Wednesday, 4. July 2007, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> Maybe Alan or someone from Intel can answer that and thus tell us how to
> move forward; it would be really nice to get the patch that started this
> thread (it got posted by Chuck again today) could go into 2.6.22, but I
> assume the time runs away...

Jeff is on holiday and Intel doesn't respond at all...

So, if someone has a ICH5 or ICH7/7-R with a ATA133 captable HDD... could
you please try the following patch? (Of course, I don't know if it works,...
It may cause data loss, serve corruption, or damage your controller/hdd/pc,
so make backups and keep a first-aid kit handy!)

> > On the other hand, we can leave it, because of a "off-by-one error" in ata_piix.c,
> > do_pata_set_dmamode, line ~770:
> > [...]

Thanks,
	Chr.

View attachment "don_t_try_this_if_you_don_t_know_what_it_does.patch" of type "text/x-diff" (402 bytes)