Date:	Thu, 12 Jul 2007 14:07:38 +0200
From:	Ingo Molnar <mingo@...e.hu>
To:	Gregory Haskins <ghaskins@...ell.com>
Cc:	tglx@...utronix.de, jim.houston@...r.com, joe.korty@...r.com,
	dwalker@...sta.com, David Bahi <DBahi@...ell.com>,
	Moiz Kohari <MKohari@...ell.com>,
	Sven Dietrich <SDietrich@...ell.com>, dsaxena@...xity.net,
	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org, linux-rt-users@...r.kernel.org,
	Steven Rostedt <rostedt@...dmis.org>,
	Clark Williams <williams@...hat.com>,
	Alessio Igor Bogani <abogani@...ware.it>
Subject: Re: Forward port of latest RT patch (2.6.21.5-rt20) to 2.6.22
	available

* Gregory Haskins <ghaskins@...ell.com> wrote:

> Hi Ingo, Thomas, and the greater linux-rt community,
>
> 	I just wanted to let you guys know that our team has a port of
> the 21.5-rt20 patch for the 2.6.22 kernel available. [...]

great! We had the upstream -rt port to .22 in the works too, it was just
held up by the hpet breakage - which Thomas managed to fix earlier
today. I've released the 2.6.22.1-rt1 patch to the usual place:

    http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/

I took a quick look at the delta between .22.1-rt1 and your rt1 merge,
and the delta patch is quite large and i saw no obvious fixes to pick
up. Could you please filter out any fixes that you might have in your
tree that you think should be applied, and send it to us as a delta
against .22.1-rt1? Alessio, could you please also do the same and check
for any diffs that should be applied? Thanks!

(And, as Daniel suggested, in the future, could you _please_ use a
different naming scheme instead of using up the upstream -rt namespace.)

	Ingo