Date:	Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:02:15 -0400
From:	"Mark Shelby" <mshelby1@...il.com>
To:	linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: kernel autoconfig option?

That's an excellent idea. I am still thinking along the lines of
"idiot proof simplicity." It would be nice to have a configure script
that scanned your system board, sound card/chip various input ports,
etc, and went ahead and preselected those to build when you type
"make.

If you could combine this with the make "allmodconfig" command in a
user friendly interface, I think you'd really be on to something!
--as long as it's still configurable after the preselected choices are
made.