Date:	Thu, 19 Jul 2007 23:28:59 -0400
From:	Bill Davidsen <davidsen@....com>
To:	Linux Kernel M/L <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Where did KVM go in 2.6.22-git9?

I just built a 2.6.22-git9 kernel, and when I run oldconfig it (a) sets
the processor type to pentium-pro, and (b) the KVM stuff simply isn't in
the config. Before I spend a lot of time on this, was it disabled
temporarily for some reason, or is it a known bug, or ???

Processor is a Core2 E6600, and the starting config has KVM.

Strong suggestion: put KVM in processor type and options, and if the CPU
type selected supports the feature, let the builder turn it on in one
place and have Kconfig turn on whatever voodoo is needed to allow it,
rather than have people trying to find out what depends have changed
with each release. I see KVm depends on X86_CMPXCHG64 which simply
doesn't seem to be defined directly anywhere.

Going back to 2.6.21.6 until whatever changed is at least documented.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@....com>